Commune of Magi
Founded in 1024 by the great wizard Gail Zeldorin, the Commune of Magi began as a safe haven for practicing magicians. During the period of unrest in eastern lands, when commoners and law makers grew wary of wizards and singled them out, blaming them for irrelevant woes, the Commune was their refuge. Tucked away in the Wastes of Belbog, it has remained protected by its seclusion throughout the centuries.
The Commune of Magi is now one of the six major colleges of arcane learning in Angard. It is the most diverse and by far the most prestigious.